The World Boxing Council (WBC), its Board of Governors & President Mauricio Sulaiman invited the following eminent Boxing professionals from around the globe to steer the sport in the country.
- Mr. Kevin Noone, Secretary General, WBC Asian Boxing Council & Board of Governors WBC, Co-Chairperson of WBC India Committee
- Ms. Oksana Semenishina, WBC International Secretary & Board of Governors WBC, Co Chairperson of WBC India Committee
- Brigadier PK Muralidharan Raja, President Indian Boxing Council & Director, Commonwealth Boxing Council
- Mr. Simon Block, Board of Governors WBC & Commonwealth Boxing Council
- Mr Rex Walker, Board of Governors WBC & Chairperson of WBC Youth Committee
- Mr. Peter Abdool, Board of Governors WBC, President of Caribbean Boxing Federation & President Guyana Boxing Board of Control
- Ms Jill Diamond, International Chairperson WBC Cares Program
Further, the WBC India Committee has also invited senior and eminent personalities from the sport to be a part of various Technical committees
- Mr. Gaive Nagporewala – Chairperson, Ring Officials Commission IBC
- Dr. Nitin Sethi – Chief Medical Officer of New York State Athletics Commission and a Member of the WBC Health and Safety Taskforce
- Dr. Sanjogita Soodan – Chairperson of the Indian Boxing Council Medical Commission
- Mr. Jose Mohan – Chief International Advisor
The WBC will work with IBC and local ambassadors to implement various activities through our social responsibility platforms and WBC Cares programs with Sam Fernandes and his team at the “WBC Cares” in India.
The vision of all key stakeholders is to one-day witness Indian boxers crowned as WBC world champions. In addition, the mission is to enhance the growing popularity of boxing in India, stage boxing events in towns and cities throughout the region, and bring the rich culture of WBC boxing to India.