Indian Boxing Council operates www.indianboxingcouncil.com and may operate other websites. It is IBC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
- Like most website operators, IBC collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
- IBC’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how IBC’s visitors use its website.
- From time to time, IBC may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
- IBC also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on www.indianboxingcouncil.com. IBC only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to IBC’s websites choose to interact with IBC in ways that require IBC to gather personally-identifying information.
The amount and type of information that IBC gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
For example, we ask visitors who seek boxing licenses from us at www.indianboxingcouncil.com to provide a phone number and email address in addition to other relevant information with regards to the individuals needs for a Boxing license from the IBC.
Those who engage in transactions with IBC are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, IBC collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with IBC.
IBC does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
IBC may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. IBC may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, IBC does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
IBC discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that
- need to know that information in order to process it on IBC’s behalf or to provide services available at IBC’s website, and
- that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using IBC’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. IBC will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, IBC discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when IBC believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of IBC, third parties or the public at large. If you are a license holder with IBC and have supplied your email address, IBC may occasionally send you an email to tell you about Boxing News & Events, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with IBC. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. IBC takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.