Get your Boxing Club registered with the Indian Boxing Council.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Indian Boxing Council (IBC)?
The Indian Boxing Council (IBC) is a National Boxing Commission for Professional Boxing in India. It is registered as a Not For Profit Organization in India. The IBC sanctions Professional Boxing bouts in India and ensures rules and regulations of Professional Boxing are adhered to for the safety and rights of boxers.
The Indian Boxing Council is affiliated to 3 World Sanctioning Bodies i.e. World Boxing Council (WBC), World Boxing Association (WBA), World Boxing Organization (WBO).
What is a Boxing Club Registration?
A Boxing Club registration with the Indian Boxing Council recognizes your Boxing Gym/ Fitness facility as a IBC certified Boxing Location.
Secondly being a registered facility grants you the ability to host IBC sanctioned events at your facility.
Club Registration is only available to members who meet the following minimum requirements
- A fully equipped & functional Boxing Ring 18X18” or 20X20”
- Designated Chief Coach with an NIS Regular Certificate/ NIS 6 Weeks Certificate/ IBC A Level Badges.
How do I register my Boxing club?
- To apply for boxing club registration go to www.indianboxingcouncil.com/boxing-club-licensing
- Complete the application and click submit.
- Once the application is complete, you will be required to pay your club registration fee.
- After submission of the application form online, you will receive a communication via your Email as well as your phone number for submission of additional details – Images of your Boxing Club, Images of your Boxing Ring, Certificate Proof of your Chief Coach etc.
What is the Fee for Boxing Club Registration in India?
The Indian Boxing Council (IBC) charges an Annual Registration Fee of INR 5,000 for Boxing Club Registration. The fee is valid for 1 Year from the date of acceptance of your registration.
Can I host an event at my Boxing Club?
Yes you can host a Pro Boxing event at your club.
You are required to intimate and seek a sanction from the Indian Boxing Council (IBC) for every fightcard that you want to publish records for.
A sanction is an official permit, granted to you by IBC giving you the right to host an event. A sanction for an event is provided only if all necessary requirements for an event are met including documentation and Boxer medicals for Boxer Safety.
More importantly, fightcards and boxing bouts MUST be authorised by the National Commission to be further submitted to the International Boxing records organization Boxrec.
How do I apply for a show/event sanction?
To apply for a sanction, you must be a Registered Boxing Club or a Boxing Promoter Licensed by the Indian Boxing Council (IBC).
The fightcard intimation should be submitted at-least 21 days prior to the date of the fightcard.
To apply for an Fightcard Sanction:
- You can submit an Fight Card intimation Form via the link ____
- Once received, the Indian Boxing Council (IBC) will email a set of documents that need to be completed and verified including the Fight card, Bout Contracts and Promotions Contract.
Can an Amateur boxer train at my boxing club
Yes, Amateur boxers and professional boxers can train simultaneously at your boxing club.
We encourage you to train more Amateur Boxers for State and National Level Amateur Boxing competitions in the country.
You should recommend boxers to have an Amateur boxing career before applying for a Professional Boxing License.